Adding Tidio Chat to Your Website
Shopify Installation Guide
OPTION 1. INSTALL TIDIO CHAT USING A PLUGIN
The best way to install Tidio Chat in your Shopify store is by our official plugin available in Shopify App Market.
1. First, log into your Shopify account and select the store you would like to add chat to. Click on to the Apps (1) tab and select Visit Shopify App Store (2).
2. Next, search for “Tidio” In one of the search bars (at the top of the screen or the one visible on the screenshot below) and select Tidio Live Chat from the results.
3. Click on the Add app button to download Tidio Chat to your Shopify store.
4. Select the Install App button on the page that follows. You will then be taken to your Tidio Chat panel where you can customise your chat.
All set. Tidio is already installed! In the next steps, you will be taken to your admin panel where you can customise your chat.
HOW TO LOG INTO AND CONFIGURE THE TIDIO CHAT PANEL.
You will be immediately taken to what we call a "Starting Tour."
Select what features are most important for you. We picked Automation + Bots and a Live chat on your site. Click Continue
Next, please edit the basic appearance of your chat widget:
Fill in the remaining details.
If you get a warning that your email is already in use, please contact our support team on chat. We'll help you sort it out.
Press continue, and your chat will be ready to use on your website. Use the preview option to see the widget on your site: Give yourself a tap on the back; your customers can now write to you on chat!
We don't recommend this option. Your bots and automations may not work correctly. You won't be able to upgrade your plan via Shopify, which is the only supported option.
1. You can add an existing project to your Shopify website by adding the chat manually. If you want to transfer your chat from another website to Shopify, please copy the code snippet from your chat panel. You can find this in the Channels (1) > Integration (2) section.
3. Next, go to your Shopify panel and select the Online Store tab.
4. In the Themes (1) section, you will find the Actions menu. Click on it and select the Edit code (2) option from the list.
5. Choose the theme.liquid file under the Layout folder and paste the code from above, right before the closing tag. The screenshot below will help you find this. Please remember to save the changes and refresh your website once you are finished.
In case you run into any troubles during installation or experience any difficulties with our application, please contact us via chat on our website or at [email protected].