Adding Tidio Chat to Your Website
WordPress Installation Guide
In this article we will show you how to easily install Tidio Chat in your WordPress Store. There are two options available for you:
Option 1. Install Tidio Chat using a plugin
If you’d like to install Tidio Chat on your Wordpress website, please install the plugin from your Wordpress panel.
1. All you need to do is go to the Plugins > Add New section. In the search field on the right side of the screen type “Tidio Live Chat” and click the Install Now button.
2. After the installation is completed, please make sure that you “Activate” the plugin by going to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
3. Next, please click on the Tidio Chat tab in your Wordpress panel.
4. If you don’t have an account with us, please click the Integrate with your site button. After that, you can go to your panel by selecting the Go to panel button.
5. In your chat panel, type in the name of the operator (i.e. your name) and click on the Create your account button. By doing so, you will be able to use our mobile or desktop app as well as be able to login via tidiochat.com instead of through the plugin.
6. Type in your credentials and that’s it! You’ve successfully installed our chat on your website.
I already have an account
If you already have an account with us, please select the Yes, I have an account with Tidio option after installing the plugin, and finally log in with your credentials.
1. If you want to add an existing project to your Wordpress website you can easily add the chat manually, by copying the code snippet from your chat panel. To find the installation code please go to the Channels (1) and click on the Integration (2) section.
3. Open the Theme header (header.php) file located in your Wordpress panel (Appearance > Editor) and paste the code above the closing tag. Please remember to press Update file and refresh your website once you are finished.
If you are not seeing the chat display on your website immediately, please do the following:
1) Open your website in a new incognito window in your browser. If you are using Chrome, hit CTRL + Shift + N (Windows) or CMD + Shift + N (Mac).
2) Clear your website’s cache - the process depends on the device and browser you are using; for a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to do that on most popular platforms, please visit www.refreshyourcache.com
3) Disable the caching plugins - if the chat is still not displaying on your website, please make sure that caching plugins (W3 Total Cache, W3 Super Cache and similar) are temporarily disabled. Their purpose is to keep your website’s loading time as short as possible, however, this might be blocking the changes from being displayed. Disabling them for a minute should allow the chat widget to load properly; after making sure that it worked, feel free to enable your plugins again.
In rare cases, caching plugins might be blocking the changes even after they have been disabled and enabled again. If this happens, please consider adding an exception to your plugin of choice - for details, please contact the plugin developer or their support team.
If you have any questions about the Wordpress plugin or how to install Tidio Chat to your Wordpress site, please contact us via chat or at [email protected]Go Back