Adding Tidio Chat to Your Website
WordPress Installation Guide
In this article, we will show you how to easily install Tidio on your WordPress website. There are two ways, in which you can do it:
Option 1. Install Tidio Chat using a plugin
If you’d like to quickly install Tidio on your Wordpress website, please install the plugin from your Wordpress panel.
1. Go to the Plugins section and click on Add New. In the search field on the right side of the screen, type in “Tidio Live Chat” and click on the Install Now button.
2. After the installation is completed, please make sure that you Activate the plugin, by going to Plugins > Installed Plugins.
3. Next, please click on the Tidio Chat tab on the left side of your Wordpress panel. You'll see two options: Use your existing account and Create a new chat account.
If you do not have an account with Tidio, skip to step 5.
4. If you already have an account with us, please log in with your chat account credentials under Yes, I have an account with Tidio option after installing the plugin.
5. If you don’t have an account with us, please click the Integrate with your site button. After that, you can go to your chat admin panel by selecting the Go to panel button.
6. In your chat panel, type in the name of the operator (i.e. your name) and click on the Create your account button. By doing so, you will be able to use our mobile or desktop app, as well as login via tidiochat.com directly.
7. Type in your credentials and that’s it! You’ve successfully installed the chat on your website.
1. If you want to manually add an existing project to your Wordpress website, you can easily add the chat code by copying the snippet from your chat admin panel. The installation code is located in Channels (1) in the Integration (2) section.
3. Open the Theme header (header.php) file located in your Wordpress panel (Appearance > Editor) and paste the code above the closing line. Remember to press Update file and refresh your website once you are done.
If you are not seeing the chat on your website immediately after adding it, please try the following steps:
1) Open your website in a new incognito window in your browser. If you are using Chrome, hit CTRL + Shift + N (Windows) or CMD + Shift + N (Mac).
2) Clear your website’s cache - the process depends on the device and browser you are using; for a detailed, step-by-step guide on how to do that on most popular platforms, please visit www.refreshyourcache.com
3) Disable the caching plugins - if the chat is still not displaying on your website, please make sure that any caching plugins (W3 Total Cache, W3 Super Cache, etc.) are temporarily disabled. Their purpose is to keep your website’s loading time as short as possible, however, this might hold off any changes made on your website. Disabling them for a minute should allow the chat widget to load properly; after making sure that it worked, feel free to enable your plugins again.
If you have any questions about the Wordpress plugin or how to install Tidio Chat to your Wordpress site, please contact us via chat or at [email protected]